Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Saturday, January 7, 2012

This Christmas

For Christmas I received the best gift in the whole world--an engagement ring!
We had gone ring shopping the week before Christmas and I found a beautiful ring. A few days later I asked him when I would get to be his fiance instead of just his girlfriend (I was so excited I became impatient). He told me that I would have to wait quite a while, which made me a little bummed. I spent Christmas with his family and had such a good time. 
After church, Sam came over to my house so we could  give our Christmas gifts to each other. I gave him his gift, and then he gave me the book Reflections of Christ. But then he pulled out another gift. I unwrapped it, and it was a big black book, and I didn't recognize the title or author. I was trying to figure out what motivated him to give me this book, while courteously smiling and thanking him. I opened the cover to skim the pages and to my complete surprise I found that Sam had cut out pages of the book to make a little box that held my engagement ring. He got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. I instantly said yes, and embraced the man I will soon be marrying. I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment