Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Patience

I recently finished reading the first book in the Work and the Glory series, and I'm hooked. I'm impressed that Gerald Lund can create a book that crams many of the things I love all together on the same page (history, my religion, and a love story). 

At the end of the book I had two questions. The first was: Where is a Nathan Steed in my life? Nathan is gentle, thoughtful, humble, kind to his mother and younger siblings, hardworking, and has a strong testimony. To my dismay, I haven't been able to answer this one yet. For now, patience will have to suffice. 

The second was: Where can I get the second book? I was sad to learn that all 6 copies at the Provo library are checked out, and I was the third person on the waiting list! Apparently, everyone and their mom in Provo is reading this series right now. Therefore, the answer yet again is patience. 

To keep my mind off the dismal answers to these questions, what better than making cinnamon rolls and art projects? 



No comments:

Post a Comment