Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Friday, May 6, 2011

Another day in the Hundred Acre Wood

The other day I was walking to work and talking to my mom on the phone. I was chatting away, not paying much attention, when I tuned around a corner and walked into a swarm of wasps. Just a note: I hate wasps and swell up like a blimp if I get stung. They were busy collecting pollen from the bushes that lined the sidewalk until they noticed an intruder (me). They were swarming all around me, buzzing angrily. My mind flashed to the Discover Channel episode of killer bees and my life flashed before my eyes. I impulsively started running, making sure to keep my mouth shut. As I was running, the wasps were bouncing off my face, hitting my arms, and sticking on my clothes. After I ran through the swarm I dropped my phone and swatted the remaining wasps off me. Through a miracle I didn't get stung one time; but I must admit this was one of the scariest things that has happened to me. I felt like Winnie the Pooh being chased by a swarm of honey bees. But I bet he is used to it, thinking it's just another day in the Hundred Acre Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment