Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Hobby

I have a problem. See, when I'm in school I am unbelievably busy with homework, jobs, callings, and when I have time--sleeping. Obviously when finals come around my 'to-do list' increases by a factor of 10. But as soon as finals are over, the whole scaffolding of my life is removed. I am left with no deadlines, no assignments, no 'to-do lists'. Others (who probably have lives and hobbies outside of school) find no trouble adjusting to summer after a tough semester. But for me, I struggle to adjust. 

When I end up doing something fun, I have to fight off this guilty feeling  (thinking that I always need to be productive, rather than enjoy whatever I'm doing). This guilt is both a blessing and a curse. When I listen to it, it helps me work hard and do well, but at the same time I sacrifice a lot of little happy moments.

 In an attempt to suppress this guilty feeling over the summer, I have taken up the hobby of crocheting. Now don't judge me--thinking this is hobby only for grandma's. I started with a simple headband and a flower. It's not the prettiest, but I think I did quite well for my first time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment