Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Time Flies

I have a lot of catching up to do but I feel like I have a good excuse...


We are so excited for our newest edition to join our family! 
This is what Henry thinks of becoming a big brother...I'll leave the interpretation of his facial expressions up to you.


Unlike Henry's pregnancy, this one has been very different. Starting at about 6 weeks, I was having really bad morning sickness (morning, afternoon, evening and through the night). I'll spare the details but it would be sufficient to say that it was really rough and I don't know what I would have done without Sam's help and support. He should win some sort of prize for being so helpful. I tried ginger ale, small snacks, sea-bands, vitamin B-6, etc all with no relief.
At my 8 week appointment, I was able to start a prescription (Diclegis), which helped me not throw up but it didn't eliminate nausea. So I also started taking Zofran, which basically allowed me to return to my almost-normal-self. I am so glad I live in a day and age where these treatments are possible. 

Therefore, my blogging was put on hold for a while. But now I'm attempting to catch up. 

I discovered a new craft! It is using freezer paper stencils to design clothes. All you do is trace and cut out your design on freezer paper with an exacto knife. Then you iron it to your shirt, paint it, and wait for it to dry. I'm excited to do more freezer paper stencil projects. I've seen a lot of cute ideas for onsies that I'll probably experiment with. 





Sam took Henry to the park and played on the swings when I wasn't feeling well one day. It's nice to be within walking distance of a park. Look at that hair blowing! 
And while we're talking about hair, Henry is such a funny kid. When we put him down for a nap, he'll lay on his stomach in the crib and use one had to twirl his hair. One day after his nap, I picked him up from his crib and this is what his hair looked like. I just had to take a picture!



For Halloween, we had a little monkey on our hands. He wasn't the biggest fan of the hood portion of his costume but he was really cute!




He's been caught red handed with my wallet! It wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last either.  But how can you be upset with a cute smile like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment