Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Growing up so fast

In the past few weeks Henry has made leaps and bounds in his speech development. He surprises us almost daily in how much he can understand and what he attempts to say. Some funny instances of this include:

I had just picked Henry up because he had gotten into something in our house he shouldn't have (not a rare occurrence) and was going to take him to a different part of the house. He attempted to wiggle out of my arms and told me "dow!" (down). It was so surprising that both Sam and I started laughing. 

He can make a few animal sounds but his favorite animal is the cow. He says that a cow goes "mmmm." And he will point out all the cows in every book and show you his toy cow. 

Yesterday, Henry was sitting down with the book "Is your mama a llama?" and reading it to himself as he turned the pages. He would say "wawa", turn the page and babble, turn the page again and say "wawa", and repeat this until he had no more pages to turn. I think "wawa" means llama. I happened to have my phone near me to capture it. 





We're trying to teach Henry how to feed himself with a spoon. If there is food already on the spoon he has no problem bringing it to his mouth. We've practiced with yogurt and applesauce. A bath usually follows these practice sessions. He's not convinced that eating with a spoon is better than just getting your hands dirty and scooping it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment