Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Monday, August 18, 2014

A walk in the park

I've been told repeatedly that this Missouri summer has been really mild. I agree that it hasn't been too hot, but it more humid and rainy than Kansas. When it doesn't rain, Henry and I like to go for walks in the park. He has always enjoyed the stroller rides, even when he was little. When he was teething, it was the only way to help him take his mind off the pain.

On this walk, I had given him a leaf (under close supervision because he still loves to put things in his mouth). He looked at it, turned it over a couple of times, stared at it, looked at me and then slowly started putting it in his mouth. He understands the word "no" and after he took it out of his mouth he mischievously giggled. I love this little guy.

He loves grass and has no fear of getting a little dirty.  At this park, there were only a few shady grassy areas and most of them were sloped. I set him down on top of a sloped area and he immediately started crawling as fast as he could down the slope. He keeps me on my toes!




At the park there aren't many things that Henry can do, except for swinging. I can't tell if Henry enjoys swinging or not. He seems very serious whenever he swings. I wonder what is on his mind...


No comments:

Post a Comment