Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Music in the air

I recently bought a metal bowl because I always seem to be in need of another mixing bowl. However, Henry has become very attached to it. He is occupied for quite a while if I give him a drum stick, xylophone and a bowl. It has been fun watching him experiment with them and make noise. He will tap on the xylophone, smile and then look at me to see if I liked it too. Sometimes household items are more entertaining than baby toys.


This past week has been a rough one.Teething, crying, tantrums, clingy, cranky. Henry just cut his 6th tooth. So now he has 4 on the top and 2 on bottom. Only 14 more baby teeth to go!!

This picture describes the week pretty well. Henry is thinking, "Mom, you can't get me to smile. It doesn't matter what you do. I'm not going to be happy. All week."



We gave him rides in a box around the house. No smiles. 


We read books. No smiles. 


We go shopping. No smiles. 

I have to remind myself that being a mom isn't always easy. There are wonderful days, ok days, and days you can't wait to crawl into bed under the covers. But I know that being a mom is such an important role. It's a role that I love and would never trade for anything.
It reminds me of the quote by Mother Teresa "Do small things with great love."

No comments:

Post a Comment