Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lovely Locks

When Henry was born we thought he had a lot of hair. At least in comparison with other fair haired babies.


 It was long enough that I could even put a little part in his hair after his bath.

Once he started turning his head, he created a bald spot in the back of his head but directly below it, there was lots of long hair, so he looked like he had a mullet. We weren't that fond of it, so we didn't take pictures of it.


But now that he's 10 months old his hair was starting to hang over his ears. I didn't want to pay to have it cut (and have the chance that Henry would have a melt-down during the hair cut). So I decided I would do it myself! Very ambitious, I know. I watched lots of youtube videos and finally built up enough courage to give it a try.

Sam distracted him with toys and letting him rip pieces of paper while I started trimming. Henry did really well for his age. He squirmed a bit, but it wasn't too bad. No tears and no melt-downs! I know I'm not a professional, but it was effective. I was just thinking about how much money you could save by cutting your kids hair. It could save a lot, especially if you had quite a few kids. It would be a really useful skill to learn. Maybe one day...


No comments:

Post a Comment