Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Just Thinking

I don't know if I could have a job where I do the same thing every day. I want a job where there is variety and problems to solve. However, the past few days I've been working as a lab rat doing rather monotonous tests (see pictures below).


It's the solvent retention capacity test. Exciting...I know.
But Moses and I were as fast as lightning testing our samples.
But it's given me a lot of time to think. I've enjoyed having time to think because sometimes it seems as though I need another brain to think about everything I should be thinking about. One of my topics of thought was a quote from Socrates, who said, "the unexamined life is not worth living" and I agree. I think self-evaluation is important and essential to growth and improvement. I love how the gospel is designed to help us improve and become more like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We are given commandments, covenants, families, prophets, scriptures and the word of God to help us. It's simply amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment