Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A cheese

I recently had a birthday so I've been thinking quite a bit about getting older. I've just turned 23, which in my opinion, is a rather large number (almost a quarter of a century old).However, I should remember that age doesn't matter...unless your a cheese (jejeje). It almost feels weird to refer to myself as an adult because ever since I was born, I've been a kid. I'd prefer to call myself a student. But just this week, it struck me how much I've grown up. My mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and my answer was a hand crank radio for my 72-hour kit. Don't laugh...ok, you can if you want. My reasoning: I'm going to Kansas State in the fall, and it is in tornado alley (I'm pretty much freaked out about tornadoes).

Related thought: I was sitting in sacrament meeting and one of the speakers referred to Acts 10:38, which says how Jesus "went about doing good...for God was with Him." Today I set a goal that at my funeral people will be able to say that I went about doing good because God was with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment