Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Thursday, October 9, 2014

September fun

While my sister was here, I think I explored St. Louis more than Sam and I have explored it since we moved here. Here are a few of our adventures. 

Gateway Arch
We rode to the top of the Gateway Arch. You have to climb inside this tiny pod. The glass door closes and you can see inside the arch as you go up, and up, and up. It feels pretty insecure and shaky. And there are no seat belts! We finally reached the top and could look through the little windows. 



Henry liked the ride up to the top, but was uninterested once we got there.





630 feet is about 2 redwood trees on top of each other!

Gooey Butter Cake
We also tried out gooey butter cake, which I guess is very popular here. I had never heard of it before but people told us we needed to try it. They can come in all sorts of flavors but we just tried the original. I won't lie; it wasn't the best desert I've ever had. I'm pretty set on deserts having either chocolate, peanut butter or fruit. Gooey butter cake doesn't meet my requirements. But I can check it off my list as having tried it. 


We did take Jacie to Ted Drews Frozen Custard, which I think is pretty delicious. Their apple pie custard is soooo good!


Jewel Box
The Jewel Box is a greenhouse inside Forest Park. The architecture is probably the biggest attraction. The plants inside are a bit underwhelming, especially because they aren't labeled. Good thing it was free admission. They did have a really pretty water garden in front though. I've always loved water lilies for some reason. 



On her last day, we visited the art museum. 

These were some of my favorites:








No comments:

Post a Comment