Pages

Our Yellow Brick Road

Our Yellow Brick Road

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My theory

I have come to realize that this graph models most experiences that I encounter in life:

There are many good things that I want to achieve or accomplish, which are represented by the 'product' on this graph. Nothing of real value is obtained for free. There has to be an input of energy and work. This energy input is represented by the 'activation energy'. In my life it seems as though the first efforts to accomplish/obtain my goal always require so much more energy and determination. The first step is always the hardest, but as I continue on the path it becomes so much easier. Sometimes I look for a catalyst to lower the activation energy that is required (the easy way out), but in real life catalysts usually don't lead you to the same product as true hard work. There is no substitute for hard work nor for the satisfaction that comes with achieving your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment